- Do I need a credit card to rent an instrument from The Sound Post?
Yes. No instrument rental can be processed without a valid Visa or MasterCard.
- What is my liability if anything happens to a rental instrument?
As the renter, you assume responsibility for the instrument and all damages that may be incurred, unless insurance coverage is purchased.
- I want to purchase insurance coverage from The Sound Post. Is there anything it doesn't cover?
Rental insurance does not cover minor damage under $100.00 ($200.00 for cellos), broken strings, loss or damage resulting from deliberate abuse.
- Am I responsible for general maintenance of my instrument?
Maintenance of the rental outfit, including (but not limited to) replacement of strings when necessary, and bow rehairing, is the responsibility of the renter.
- Is there a minimum rental period for renting from The Sound Post?
The minimum rental charge for any instrument is one month. However, an instrument may be returned at any time.
- Do you do short term rentals for special events?
Yes. We offer short-term rentals for special events, photographers and film or television use. Please contact us for further details.
- Why Rent rather than Purchase?
Renting from The Sound Post is ideal for beginners, "rediscoverers" and those not wanting the expense or commitment of purchasing an instrument right away.
Beginners need time to be sure that the instrument is right for them. Renting is a low-cost way to discover music. Many families prefer to avoid the cost and inconvenience of buying and reselling each instrument as a child grows. Renting is particularly economic when a size-change is imminent.
Many adults rediscover string playing after years of musical inactivity. Renting is a great way to bring music back into one's life.